skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

Breaches of Privacy

As indicated already, the privacy instruction is not law and therefore it does not give a person any right to pursue compensation or a legal remedy.

A person who believes that there has been a breach of privacy by a State Government department or agency should firstly approach the department. A list of contact details for all South Australian Government Departments can be found on the website.

If no satisfactory response is achieved, then a complaint can be lodged with the Privacy Committee. Complaints must be in writing. For information on how to make a complaint, see the State Records SA information on Making a Privacy Complaint.

Breaches of Privacy  :  Last Revised: Fri Dec 16th 2016
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.