skip to content
Law Handbook banner image


Anyone who has land acquired is entitled to compensation to the value of the land and any loss suffered. When a notice of acquisition is served, if an agreement can be reached with the people affected, the authority must file a copy of the agreement in the court. If an agreement cannot be reached within two months either the authority or anyone affected by the notice can apply to the Land and Valuation Division of the Supreme Court to resolve the matter.

Compensation  :  Last Revised: Wed Aug 27th 2014
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.