skip to content
Law Handbook banner image


Usually vacant possession is provided by the vendor on the date of settlement. However, it might be that there is a tenant in the premises, who has the right to remain in those premises for a certain time. If vacant possession is not given full details must be included in the contract. Advice can be obtained from the Tenancies Branch of Consumer and Business Services on 131 882.

Possession  :  Last Revised: Wed Jun 18th 2014
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.