Under a rooming house agreement a resident must:
- pay the rent when it is due;
- abide by the house rules;
- not use the rooming house for an illegal activity;
- not keep an animal on the premises without the owner’s consent;
- not keep their room in a condition that would be considered a fire or health hazard;
- notify the proprietor of damage to the premises or property provided by the proprietor for use by the resident;
- allow the proprietor reasonable access to their room.
See Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA) s 105R.
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.