An important regulatory mechanism under the Environment Protection Act 1993 (SA) is the creation of Environment Protection Policies (EPPs). These policies may be on any subject directed towards securing the objects of the Act. A number of EPPs were proclaimed shortly after the introduction of the legislation. These largely reflect earlier policies and regulations that existed prior to 1993. A number of new policies have also been produced. The current policies are set out below.
- Environment Protection (Air Quality) Policy 1994
- Environment Protection (Burning) Policy 1994
- Environment Protection (Water Quality) Policy 2003
- Environment Protection (Motor Vehicle Fuel Quality) Policy 2002
- Environment Protection (Noise) Policy 2007
- Environment Protection (Used Packaging Materials) Policy 2012
- Environment Protection (National Pollutant Inventory) Policy 2008
- Environment Protection (Waste to Resources) Policy 2010
The particular forms of pollution and waste regulated by these policies are discussed in more detail in the following sections.
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.