Changing Sex or Gender in government records

The Australian Government has guidelines on the recognition of Sex and Gender. They are available on the Attorney General's website : .

In particular the guidelines provide that where sex and/or gender information is collected and recorded in a personal record by a government agency, individuals should be given the option to select M (male), F (female) or X (Indeterminate/Intersex/Unspecified).

The guidelines also provide the processes for changing Sex or Gender information in government records.

Changing Sex or Gender in government records  :  Last Revised: Fri Aug 2nd 2013
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.
Link to - find what you're looking for

© Legal Services Commission - All Rights Reserved
Funded with the support of the Governments of Australia and South Australia Website by CeRDI