- Fees are set out in Schedule 1 of the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Fees) Regulations 2017 (SA) [see also reg 4].
- There are no application fees for commencing proceedings to guardianship, administration, mental health, consent to treatment, and advance care directives.
- Application for commencement of SACAT proceedings in other streams is $73.00 (as of 1 July 2018).
- Fees may be reduced if the applicant is a holder of certain concession cards. Fees may be waived in full where the person applying:
- has been approved for legal aid within the preceding three months and is paying the minimum required contribution towards their grant of aid; or
- is under 18 years of age; or
- is in prison; or
- is, in the opinion of a financial counsellor, unable to pay the fee without experiencing financial hardship; or
- is making an application to terminate a residential tenancy based on domestic abuse pursuant to section 89A of the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA).
- Fees can also be reduced or waived on the basis of financial hardship or special circumstances.
- The fee for an application for internal review of a SACAT decision is $557 for individuals or $782 for prescribed corporations as of 1 July 2018.
See South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Fees) Regulations 2017 (SA) regulations 7 and 8.
See also the SACAT website fees and charges summary: http://www.sacat.sa.gov.au/bringing-a-case/fees-and-charges.
It is an offence to knowingly provide false or misleading information to SACAT when applying for a waiver or reduction in fees - Maximum penalty of a fine of up to $1250 or imprisonment for 3 months [South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2013 (SA) s 93B].
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.