Either parent or a non-parent carer can apply to DHS–Child Support for an administrative assessment of child support. The application can be made to the Department:
- online at https://childsupportapplication.humanservices.gov.au/;
- by telephone (131272); or
- in writing, on a form available at: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/spw/customer/forms/resources/cs1665-1205en.pdf
The Department requires information about:
- proof of parentage for each parent;
- care arrangements for the child/ren; and
- whether the collection of the liability will be done privately or by the DHS–Child Support.
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.