Who can claim?

The Comcare scheme covers employees (whether full time, part time, temporary, casual, or probationary ) of:

  • Commonwealth Government agencies and statutory authorities (excluding serving members of the Australian Defence Force with injuries sustained after 1 July 2004)
  • ACT Government
  • Corporations or authorities who have been granted a license to self-insure, called ‘licensees’.

[See: http://www.comcare.gov.au/; Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (Cth) s 5].

Who can claim?  :  Last Revised: Fri Oct 31st 2014
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.
Link to sa.gov.au - find what you're looking for

© Legal Services Commission - All Rights Reserved
Funded with the support of the Governments of Australia and South Australia Website by CeRDI